Commercial Mold Prevention
Mold can be found almost anywhere. It can grow on practically any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. Mold growth occurs when excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials. Not only can mold affect your property but it also has the potential to cause health effects. In order to prevent mold it is important to prevent moisture as that is what mold needs to grow. Below is some tips to help prevent mold at your commercial property.
1. Fix leaky plumbing and leaks in the building as soon as possible
2. Watch for condensation and wet spots and fix those problems as soon as possible
3. You can prevent moisture due to condensation by reducing the humidity in the air. It should be maintained below 60%. You can accomplish this by using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
4. Make sure your HVAC system is flowing properly and unobstructed. Also perform regular building inspections and do maintenance as scheduled
5. Vent moisture-generating appliances to the outside where possible
6. Clean and dry wet or damp spots as soon as possible
7. In areas where you have a constant moisture problem such as by drinking fountains, classroom sinks, or on concrete floors with leaks don't install carpeting
Following these tips can help prevent mold from causing a major business interruption and prevent people from getting sick. We know that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue so if you find yourself in a situation where you have a mold problem call the professionals at SERVPRO of Burlington. We will respond quickly to remedy the problem and get your business back up and running.